'Dan Marino: A Football Life' Premieres Friday, September 15 at 9:00 PM ET
"I always took pride in being someone that your teammates can rely on to make big plays at the end of games." – Dan Marino
Seventh Season of Emmy-Nominated Series 'A Football Life' Airs Fridays at 9:00 PM ET on NFL Network
The seventh season of NFL Network's Emmy-nominated series A Football Life premieres Friday, September 15 at 9:00 PM ET with a profile of Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino. The one-hour show produced by NFL Films features sitdown interviews with Marino, Hall of Fame quarterbacks Brett Favre, John Elway, Jim Kelly and Troy Aikman, former Super Bowl-winning quarterback Peyton Manning, Hall of Fame head coach Don Shula and more.
Each episode of A Football Life – as well as all NFL Network programming – is streamed live on smartphones through NFL Mobile from Verizon, and via Watch NFL Network on tablet (NFL Mobile, Watch NFL Network and NFL on Windows 10 apps), PC (NFL.com/watch), Xbox One and Xbox 360 (NFL on Xbox app) and other connected TV devices (NFL app on Apple TV, PlayStation 4, Android TV and Amazon Fire TV).
Considered by many as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time, Dan Marino set several passing records and helped to establish the way the position is played today. Dan Marino: A Football Life examines Marino's storied football life and the legacy he has left on the game and its players.
Among the topics discussed in Dan Marino: A Football Life are:
- His decision to stay home and play at the University of Pittsburgh
- Falling in the 1983 NFL Draft and being selected 27th overall by the Miami Dolphins
- Defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1984 AFC Championship and advancing to his only Super Bowl
- The founding of the Dan Marino Foundation to raise awareness and improve the lives of those with autism and other developmental disabilities
- His enshrinement into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2005
Emmy-nominated actor Josh Charles narrates.
Dan Marino: A Football Life includes interviews with the following people and more:
Claire Marino – Wife
Michael Marino – Son
Peyton Manning – Former Super Bowl-winning quarterback
Brett Favre – Hall of Fame quarterback
Troy Aikman – Hall of Fame quarterback
John Elway – Hall of Fame quarterback
Jim Kelly – Hall of Fame quarterback
Don Shula – Hall of Fame head coach
Jimmy Johnson – Former Dolphins head coach
Alex Rodriguez – Former All-Star MLB player and Dan Marino fan
Jason Garrett – Dallas Cowboys head coach
Jackie Sherrill – Former University of Pittsburgh football head coach
Mark Clayton – Dolphins teammate
Mark Duper – Dolphins teammate
Ron Jaworski – Dolphins teammate
Nat Moore – Dolphins teammate
Hank Goldberg – Miami radio host
Greg Cote – Miami Herald columnist
Provided below are some select quotes from Dan Marino: A Football Life:
- "I thought for sure I would be back to the Super Bowl and that I would win a Super Bowl…That's the only feeling as a football player that I've never experienced: what it's like to walk off the field and be a Super Bowl champion." – Dan Marino
- "The most prolific and pure passing quarterback that this generation has ever seen. He made passing the ball look easy and it's not." – Brett Favre
- "Who is your favorite quarterback? It's Dan Marino and it's always been Dan Marino." – Troy Aikman
- "If there is anyone that ever deserved a Super Bowl it was him. He'll go down as one of the greatest of all time." – John Elway
- "I always took pride in being someone that your teammates can rely on to make big plays at the end of games." – Dan Marino
- "For a player of that stature to go out in a 62-7 defeat, that was the saddest sight I've ever seen in sports. To see that man after all he had meant to the Dolphins, that this would be his exit." – Greg Cote
This year, the 13-episode season of the highly-acclaimed series A Football Life airs Friday at 9:00 PM ET. Below is a broadcast schedule for the September episodes of A Football Life:
- September 22 – Emmitt Smith
- September 29 – John Madden
ABOUT NFL MEDIA
NFL Media is comprised of NFL Network, NFL Films, NFL.com, NFL Now, NFL Mobile from Verizon and NFL RedZone.
Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, fans turn to NFL Network to receive information and insight straight from the field, team headquarters, league offices and everywhere the NFL is making news. Launched in 2003, NFL Network gives fans unprecedented year-round inside access to all NFL events, including the Super Bowl, Playoffs, regular season, preseason, Pro Bowl, Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, NFL Draft, NFL Scouting Combine, Senior Bowl, league meetings, minicamps and training camps.
For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming can also be streamed live on smartphones through NFL Mobile from Verizon, as well as other digital platforms such as TuneIn.com and through Watch NFL Network on tablet (NFL Mobile, Watch NFL Network and NFL on Windows 10 apps), PC (NFL.com/watch), Xbox One and Xbox 360 (NFL on Xbox app) and other connected TV devices (NFL app on Apple TV, PlayStation 4, Android TV and Amazon Fire TV). Watch NFL Network access is available for NFL Network subscribers of participating TV providers. For more information, go to NFL.com/nflnetwork.
– NFL MEDIA –