Players of the Week/Month
BUCCANEERS QB JAMEIS WINSTON & PACKERS CB
NAMED NFL ROOKIES OF MONTH FOR NOVEMBER
Quarterback JAMEIS WINSTON of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
and cornerback DAMARIOUS RANDALL of
the Green Bay Packers are the NFL Offensive and Defensive Rookies of the Month
for November (October 29-November 30), the NFL announced today.
OFFENSE: QB JAMEIS WINSTON, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
the No. 1 overall selection in the 2015 NFL Draft out of Florida State, led the
Buccaneers to a 3-2 record in November.
started all five games during the month and completed 96 of 169 passes (56.8
percent) for 1,179 yards with seven touchdowns and three interceptions for an
84.9 passer rating. He also rushed for three touchdowns.
Tampa Bay’s Week 11 win at Philadelphia (45-17), Winston threw a career-high
five touchdown passes, tied for the most by a rookie in a game in NFL history.
In that contest, Winston threw four touchdown passes in the first half,
becoming only the second rookie in league history to throw four touchdown
passes in one half of a game.
had a rushing touchdown in three consecutive games during November (Weeks 8-10),
including the game-winning score with 56 seconds remaining in the Buccaneers’
10-6 win over Dallas in Week 10. He became the first rookie quarterback to rush
for the game-winning touchdown in the final minute of the fourth quarter since
1989 (Detroit’s RODNEY PEETE).
season, Winston has completed 203 of 350 passes (58 percent) for 2,650 yards
with 16 touchdowns and 10 interceptions for an 85.3 passer rating. He has also
rushed for 145 yards and four touchdowns.
is the third Buccaneers quarterback to be named Rookie of the Month, joining SHAUN KING (December 1999) and MIKE GLENNON (November 2013).
- He is
the fourth quarterback drafted No. 1 overall to be named NFL Offensive Rookie
of the Month, joining CAM NEWTON (September 2011), SAM BRADFORD (October and November
2010) and TIM COUCH (October 1999).
DEFENSE: CB DAMARIOUS RANDALL, GREEN BAY PACKERS
a first-round selection (No. 30 overall) out of Arizona State, had 24 tackles, two
interceptions and five passes defensed in November.
started four of the team’s five games during the month, including the final
led all NFL rookies with two interceptions in November.
- He had
interceptions in the team’s first two games of the month, intercepting Peyton
Manning in Week 8 at Denver and picking off Cam Newton in Week 9 at Carolina.
led the team with five passes defensed during the month. He leads the team with
12 passes defensed this season.
- He has
also contributed on special teams, recovering a Packers’ onside kick and
recording one special teams tackle.
season, Randall has 42 tackles, two interceptions and 12 passes defensed. His
two interceptions are tied for the club lead.
joins CASEY HAYWARD (October 2012) as
the only Packers defensive backs to be named Defensive Rookie of the Month.
is the first Packers player to win a Rookie of the Month Award since running
back EDDIE LACY (Offense, October
2015 NFL ROOKIES OF THE
Mariota, Tennessee (Oregon)
Darby, Buffalo (Florida State)
Gurley, St. Louis (Georgia)
Kendricks, Minnesota (UCLA)
Winston, Tampa Bay (Florida State)
Randall, Green Bay (Arizona State)
nominees for the November NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month Award as submitted
by NFL clubs:
- Oakland wide receiver AMARI COOPER (first round, Alabama), who had 25 catches for 332
yards and one touchdown.
- Minnesota wide receiver STEFON DIGGS (fifth round, Maryland), who had 21 catches for 280
yards and a touchdown.
- St. Louis running back TODD GURLEY (first round, Georgia), who rushed for 352 yards
and four touchdowns.
- Arizona running back DAVID JOHNSON (third round, Northern Iowa), who scored two
touchdowns (one rushing, one receiving) with 111 scrimmage yards and 271
- Chicago running back JEREMY LANGFORD (fourth round, Michigan State), who scored
five touchdowns (four rushing, one receiving) and had 465 scrimmage yards
(264 rushing, 201 receiving).
- Seattle wide receiver TYLER LOCKETT (third round, Kansas State), who had 11 catches
for 129 yards with two touchdowns and 283 total kick-return yards (270
kickoff, 13 punt).
- Tennessee quarterback MARCUS MARIOTA (first round, Oregon), who passed for 1,005
yards with seven touchdowns and three interceptions for a 92.4 passer
- Jacksonville running back T.J. YELDON (second round, Alabama), who rushed for 215 yards
and added 117 receiving yards on 15 catches.
Other nominees for the November NFL
Defensive Rookie of the Month Award as submitted by NFL clubs:
- Tampa Bay linebacker KWON ALEXANDER (fourth round, Louisiana State), who started
all five games and had 45 tackles, an interception, a sack, a forced
fumble and a fumble recovery.
- New Orleans linebacker STEPHONE ANTHONY (first round, Clemson), who started all four
games and had 37 tackles.
- New England defensive tackle MALCOM BROWN (first round, Texas), who started all five games
and had 18 tackles and two sacks.
- Buffalo cornerback RONALD DARBY (second round, Florida State), who started all
four games and posted 19 tackles and five passes defensed.
- Indianapolis safety CLAYTON GEATHERS (fourth round, Central Florida), who posted
14 tackles in four games.
- New York Jets linebacker LORENZO MAULDIN (third round, Louisville), who had six
tackles, three sacks and one fumble recovery.
- Kansas City cornerback MARCUS PETERS (first round, Washington), who started all four games
and had nine tackles and one interception.