'Do Your Job Part II: Bill Belichick and the 2016 Patriots' Airs at 8:00 PM ET
'America's Game: 2016 Patriots' Premieres at 9:00 PM ET
'NFL's Top 10: Tom Brady Games' Premieres at 10:00 PM ET
The night before the 2017 NFL regular season kicks off, celebrate the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots with three new shows on NFL Network.
On Wednesday, September 6, Do Your Job Part II: Bill Belichick and the 2016 Patriots, America's Game: 2016 Patriots and NFL's Top 10: Tom Brady Games air on NFL Network starting at 8:00 PM ET.
Do Your Job Part II: Bill Belichick and the 2016 Patriots
At 8:00 PM ET, Do Your Job Part II: Bill Belichick and the 2016 Patriots airs on NFL Network, providing a behind-the-scenes look at some of the biggest moments and decisions that led to the Patriots' win over the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl LI. Building off of the success of 2015's Do Your Job: Bill Belichick and the 2014 Patriots and last year's Worth the Wait: Gary Kubiak and the 2015 Denver Broncos, this year's edition features sitdown interviews with Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, Chairman & CEO Robert Kraft, President Jonathan Kraft, offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, defensive coordinator Matt Patricia and others.
Narrated by Boston native and Academy Award-nominated actor Edward Norton, the hour-long show provides an inside look at the Patriots' fifth Super Bowl title in franchise history, and second in three years. Among the topics discussed in Do Your Job Part II:
- Patriots linebacker Dont'a Hightower's crucial sack of Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan which resulted in a fumble in the second half of Super Bowl LI. Patriots coaches explain the inside story of why the play worked, how the team's commitment to fundamental football factored into the success of the play and how close Atlanta was to making a big gain
- The Patriots' defensive series following Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones' catch which gave Atlanta a first down on New England's 22-yard line with less than five minutes remaining in regulation
- Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels reveals the detailed preparation which led to the game-winning touchdown play
The following Patriots personnel were interviewed for Do Your Job Part II:
- Robert Kraft – Chairman & CEO
- Jonathan Kraft – President
- Bill Belichick – Head Coach
- Josh McDaniels – Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach
- Matt Patricia – Defensive Coordinator
- Nick Caserio – Director of Player Personnel
- Ernie Adams – Director of Football Research
- Ivan Fears – Running Backs Coach
- Brendan Daly – Defensive Line Coach
- Josh Boyer – Cornerbacks Coach
- Dante Scarnecchia – Offensive Line Coach
- Jon Judge – Special Teams Coach
- Brian Flores – Linebackers Coach
- Chad O'Shea – Wide Receivers Coach
- Steve Belichick – Safeties Coach
To view a trailer for Do Your Job Part II, visit: https://youtu.be/_l6MAPniosc
Do Your Job Part II premieres Sunday, September 3 at 7:00 PM ET on NBC.
Provided below are select quotes from Do Your Job Part II:
- "We were confident that we could still make the plays that we needed to make to win." – Bill Belichick on the Patriots' approach at halftime trailing by 18 points
- "The conversation led us to…we're not going to score 25 points in one possession. The goal was to score once. Let's get a touchdown and try to score one time." – Josh McDaniels
- "When you're looking at the situation, there's the quarterback of the year, they have one of the greatest wide receivers in the league – they're going to throw the ball…Sometimes in those moments in the game, I'm totally wrong, 100 percent. Somehow it all worked out." – Matt Patricia
- "That's definitely got to be the greatest catch in Super Bowl history. It was just things equalizing." – Robert Kraft on Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman's catch
- "When we won the coin toss, I looked over at my Dad and said, 'Game over.'" – Jonathan Kraft on winning the coin toss in overtime
- "I don't really think it's about what I've done. I think it's in this case about what this team did. Collectively, this team accomplished a lot. This team was a special team. The 2016 team was a special team." – Bill Belichick
America's Game: 2016 Patriots
At 9:00 PM ET, America's Game: 2016 Patriots premieres, featuring in-depth interviews with Julian Edelman, Dont'a Hightower and LeGarrette Blount telling the story of the 2016 Super Bowl champion New England Patriots.
Narrated by actor and Boston native, Chris Evans, America's Game delves deep into the Patriots' championship season. In the hour-long show, Edelman, Hightower and Blount recount the season in their own words, including the Patriots' incredible 25-point comeback in Super Bowl LI which featured Hightower's game-changing sack and Edelman's circus catch late in the fourth quarter.
This year's edition of America's Game is the 51st episode of the long-running special which celebrates the Super Bowl champions.
To view a trailer for America's Game, visit: https://youtu.be/0p8jpuYZ6II
Provided below are select quotes from America's Game: 2016 Patriots:
- "He's almost like, not human, because I feel like 99.9 percent of the world would be so nervous. 'I have the whole season on my shoulders right now, I make one mistake it's over for us.' I don't know if he even thinks about any of those things. You look in his eyes and you can just tell he's not worried about messing anything up for us." – LeGarrette Blount describing Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's state of mind late in Super Bowl LI
- "Like I was 90 percent sure…So I'm sitting there like, 'Gotta sell 'em it was a catch.' Let's go. I caught it! I caught it!" – Julian Edelman on his fourth quarter catch in Super Bowl LI
- "I honestly didn't believe it, even after we did the Lombardi and the confetti. I still didn't believe it. That's stuff you see in a movie…Don't give up. Keep fighting. But to actually live something that special…You don't ever picture yourself in that situation." – Dont'a Hightower on the Patriots' comeback in Super Bowl LI
NFL's Top 10: Tom Brady Games
At 10:00 PM ET, the first episode of the NFL's Top 10's 11th season of shows premieres with a look at the top 10 games from New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's career.
In honor of Brady winning his fifth Super Bowl, the NFL's Top 10: Tom Brady Games details the 10 most significant games in his career. With commentary from both prominent national media members and those who have covered him closely, as well as UFC President Dana White, musician DJ Jazzy Jeff, actor C. Thomas Howell, star of The Bachelor Nick Viall and more, NFL's Top 10: Tom Brady Games celebrates some of the greatest moments in the career of one of the NFL's most iconic figures.
Provided below are select quotes from NFL's Top 10: Tom Brady Games:
- "With as much as he's accomplished, with his legacy so firmly in place, he's still so driven in the moment to win the game." – Ray Didinger
- "He's the perfect guy. I tell my kids all the time, you don't want to grow up to be like Dad – you want to grow up to be like Tom Brady." – Craig Carton
- "Think about big moments – he's been the big quarterback that's played in all of those moments." – Kirk Morrison
ABOUT NFL MEDIA
NFL Media is comprised of NFL Network, NFL Films, NFL.com, NFL Now, NFL Mobile from Verizon and NFL RedZone.
Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, fans turn to NFL Network to receive information and insight straight from the field, team headquarters, league offices and everywhere the NFL is making news. Launched in 2003, NFL Network gives fans unprecedented year-round inside access to all NFL events, including the Super Bowl, Playoffs, regular season, preseason, Pro Bowl, Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, NFL Draft, NFL Scouting Combine, Senior Bowl, league meetings, minicamps and training camps.
For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming can also be streamed live on smartphones through NFL Mobile from Verizon, as well as other digital platforms such as TuneIn.com and through Watch NFL Network on tablet (NFL Mobile, Watch NFL Network and NFL on Windows 10 apps), PC (NFL.com/watch), Xbox One and Xbox 360 (NFL on Xbox app) and other connected TV devices (NFL app on Apple TV, PlayStation 4, Android TV and Amazon Fire TV). Watch NFL Network access is available for NFL Network subscribers of participating TV providers. For more information, go to NFL.com/nflnetwork.
– NFL MEDIA –