'Eddie George: A Football Life' Premieres Friday, November 17 at 9:00 PM ET
"My Dad was the one that exposed me to football…He loved Jim Brown, loved Walter Payton, the heart that they played with. I wanted him to talk about me the same way." – Eddie George
NFL Network's Emmy-nominated series A Football Life continues Friday, November 17 at 9:00 PM ET with a profile of former All-Pro running back Eddie George. The one-hour show produced by NFL Films features sitdown interviews with George, family members, former head coaches Jeff Fisher and John Cooper, former teammates Kevin Dyson and Brad Hopkins, former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis and more.
Each episode of A Football Life – as well as all NFL Network programming – is streamed live on smartphones through NFL Mobile from Verizon, and via Watch NFL Network on tablet (NFL Mobile, Watch NFL Network and NFL on Windows 10 apps), PC (NFL.com/watch), Xbox One and Xbox 360 (NFL on Xbox app) and other connected TV devices (NFL app on Apple TV, PlayStation 4, Android TV and Amazon Fire TV).
Growing up, Eddie George's father introduced him to the game of football, praising physical running backs such as Jim Brown and Walter Payton. Throughout his football career in the NFL and at Ohio State, the Heisman Trophy winner adopted that style of football, proving to be one of the game's toughest running backs. Eddie George: A Football Life examines not only George's football career but how the former All-Pro has dedicated himself to a new passion following his playing career that his mother introduced to him as a child: acting.
Among the topics discussed in Eddie George: A Football Life are:
- Attending Fork Union Military Academy due to poor grades and behavior in high school
- Rushing for an Ohio State single-game record his senior year against Illinois after fumbling twice against them in a game his freshman year
- The Tennessee Titans' playoff run in 1999 to Super Bowl XXXIV
- The rivalry with Ray Lewis and the Baltimore Ravens
- His release from the Titans in 2004 and signing with the Dallas Cowboys
- His passion for acting following the conclusion of his football career
Emmy-nominated actor Josh Charles narrates.
Eddie George: A Football Life includes interviews with the following people and more:
Donna George – Mother
Taj George – Wife
Jeff Fisher – Former Oilers/Titans head coach
Derrick Mason – Oilers/Titans teammate
Brad Hopkins – Oilers/Titans teammate
Kevin Dyson – Oilers/Titans teammate
Ray Lewis – Former Ravens linebacker
John Cooper – Former Ohio State head coach
Raymont Harris – Ohio State teammate
Provided below are some select quotes from Eddie George: A Football Life:
- "My Dad was the one that exposed me to football. He loved runners that would not just make you miss but just imposed their will on you. He loved Jim Brown, loved Walter Payton, the heart that they played with. I wanted him to talk about me the same way." – Eddie George
- "There is no way in the world that you are on first contact going to bring down 27. The approach in bringing down Eddie George was have one guy get there, slow him down and hope that the homies arrive." – Brad Hopkins
- "We really felt like we can't be stopped. We're going to win the Super Bowl." – Eddie George
- "He didn't shy away from competition…I told him I don't care if you're a freshman or a senior – if you're better than the other guy you're going to play." – John Cooper
- "Our general philosophy: give it to Eddie and get out the way." – Kevin Dyson
- "I wanted [my Dad] desperately to get off of it and I was hoping that if he could see me living out his dream or being successful as a football player, that he would get off of the drugs and be straight." – Eddie George
This year, the 13-episode season of the highly-acclaimed series A Football Life airs Friday at 9:00 PM ET. Below is a broadcast schedule for the remaining episodes of A Football Life:
- November 24 – Joe Gibbs
- December 1 – Jerry Jones
- December 8 – Aeneas Williams
- December 15 – John Randle
- December 22 – Lynn Swann & John Stallworth
ABOUT NFL MEDIA
NFL Media is comprised of NFL Network, NFL Films, NFL.com, NFL Now, NFL Mobile from Verizon and NFL RedZone.
Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, fans turn to NFL Network to receive information and insight straight from the field, team headquarters, league offices and everywhere the NFL is making news. Launched in 2003, NFL Network gives fans unprecedented year-round inside access to all NFL events, including the Super Bowl, Playoffs, regular season, preseason, Pro Bowl, Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, NFL Draft, NFL Scouting Combine, Senior Bowl, league meetings, minicamps and training camps.
For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming can also be streamed live on smartphones through NFL Mobile from Verizon, as well as other digital platforms such as TuneIn.com and through Watch NFL Network on tablet (NFL Mobile, Watch NFL Network and NFL on Windows 10 apps), PC (NFL.com/watch), Xbox One and Xbox 360 (NFL on Xbox app) and other connected TV devices (NFL app on Apple TV, PlayStation 4, Android TV and Amazon Fire TV). Watch NFL Network access is available for NFL Network subscribers of participating TV providers. For more information, go to NFL.com/nflnetwork.
– NFL MEDIA –