49ers-Cardinals Delivers Estimated Average Minute Audience of 4.8 Million Across Prime Video, Twitch, NFL & Verizon Media Mobile Properties
Highest Digital AMA Ever for NFL Regular Season Game
Saturday's game between the San Francisco 49ers and Arizona Cardinals delivered an estimated 11.2 million total viewers on Amazon Prime Video with Twitch, and an estimated average minute audience of 4.8 million across Prime Video, Twitch, NFL mobile properties, 49ers and Cardinals mobile properties, and Verizon Media mobile properties – the highest digital AMA ever for an NFL regular season game.
Including OTA stations in San Francisco (KNTV) and Phoenix (KSAZ), 49ers-Cardinals delivered an estimated AMA of 5.9 million.
Prime Video and Twitch alone reached a total of 11.2 million combined viewers for the NFL on Prime pregame show and the 49ers-Cardinals game. For the 49ers-Cardinals game alone, an estimated 10.7 million viewers initiated a stream on Prime Video or Twitch. The average audience watching the game for at least 30 seconds on Prime Video or Twitch was an estimated 4.5 million.
Additionally, fans streamed more than 800 million minutes on Prime Video and Twitch for the 49ers-Cardinals broadcast, and the average viewing duration window was 82 minutes – higher engagement than the average of 67 minutes for an NFL game this season to-date.
The figures above are based off estimated numbers of viewers per living room device that streamed the game.
Andrew Howard Andrew.Howard@NFL.com
Oliver McIntosh firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT NFL MEDIA
NFL Media is comprised of NFL Network, NFL Films, NFL.com, the NFL app and NFL RedZone.
Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, fans turn to NFL Network to receive information and insight straight from the field, team headquarters, league offices and everywhere the NFL is making news. Launched in 2003, NFL Network gives fans unprecedented year-round inside access to all NFL events, including the Super Bowl, Playoffs, regular season, preseason, Pro Bowl, Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, NFL Draft, NFL Scouting Combine, Senior Bowl, league meetings, minicamps and training camps.
For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming can be streamed live through the NFL and NFL Network apps on smartphones, tablets, PCs and connected TV devices (Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, PlayStation 4, Roku and Xbox One). Access is available for NFL Network subscribers of participating TV providers. For more information, go to NFL.com/nflnetwork.
ABOUT PRIME VIDEO
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports— all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
- Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series and sports, including Thursday Night Football, award-winning Amazon Originals, and other exclusives. Enjoy hits like Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, The Boys, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Chemical Hearts, Upload, Troop Zero, and My Spy, plus Emmy Award winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like CBS All Access, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.tv, STARZ and SHOWTIME—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
– NFL MEDIA –