“Not since Reggie White have the Packers had a pass rusher of this magnitude.” – Warren Sapp on DE Julius Peppers
“They have taken away every number one receiver that they’ve played against. They get donuts.” – Marshall Faulk on Seahawks Defense
“LeSean McCoy has become the most exciting player in the National Football League. I believe he’s the MVP this year.” – Kurt Warner
NFL Network’s Emmy-nominated NFL GameDay Morning crew of host Rich Eisen and analysts Steve Mariucci, Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin previewed the upcoming 2014 NFL season tonight on NFL GameDay Season Preview.
Additionally, Melissa Stark and Shaun O’Hara from NFL Network’s NFL GameDay First joined the show.
Provided below are quotes from tonight’s show:
– “Not since Reggie White have the Packers had a pass rusher of this magnitude.” – Warren Sapp on Green Bay Packers defensive end Julius Peppers
– “They have taken away every number one receiver that they’ve played against. They get donuts. That’s what they do.” – Marshall Faulk on the Seattle Seahawks defense
– “Since the dawn of time, the Packers have been looking for a rusher…And they found one last season in Eddie Lacy.” – Michael Irvin on Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy
– “The NFC West is the best division in the NFL right now.” – Shaun O’Hara on the best division in the NFL
– “LeSean McCoy has become the most exciting player in the National Football League. I believe he’s the MVP this year.” – Kurt Warner on Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean McCoy
– “What Chip Kelly does in Philly fits his skillset better than any other team in the NFL. He loves getting his backs the ball in space.” – Marshall Faulk on Philadelphia Eagles running back Darren Sproles
– “This offensive line and defensive line, they’re ready to win in the trenches. The question is Shaun Hill, can you come out there and manage the game? Because they can run the football and they can stop you from running the football.” – Marshall Faulk on the St. Louis Rams
– “It’s even more difficult losing a Super Bowl and coming back and winning another one… The Denver Broncos will be a better football team this year.” – Steve Mariucci on the Denver Broncos
Preview of Andrea Kremer’s Interview with New England Patriots QB Tom Brady
NFL Network’s Andrea Kremer sits down for an interview with New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady that will air on NFL GameDay Morning Sunday, September 7 at 9:00 AM ET.
Provided below is a preview of the interview:
On how will he know when it’s time to walk away from playing football:
“I think if I feel like I can’t play at the level that I expect [of] myself, then I’m not going to play anymore. I want to be a great asset to a team; I want to bring a lot of value to a team that I’m playing for.”
The NFL GameDay Morning crew provides their predictions for who will be the 2014 MVP:
- Steve Mariucci – Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson
- Marshall Faulk – Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean McCoy
- Kurt Warner – Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean McCoy
- Warren Sapp – Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers
- Michael Irvin – Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler
To view the segment, visit: http://on.nfl.com/1oBBIVZ
Super Bowl XLIX Predictions
The NFL GameDay Morning crew provides their predictions for who will win Super Bowl XLIX:
- Michael Irvin – Seahawks over Patriots
- Warren Sapp – Packers over Broncos
- Kurt Warner – Seahawks over Broncos
- Marshall Faulk – Colts vs. Saints (will provide winner on Thursday’s show)
- Steve Mariucci – Broncos over Seahawks
On NFL.com the following video clips from NFL GameDay Season Preview are available for viewing:
– 2014 Bold Predictions – The analysts of NFL GameDay Season Preview provide their Bold Predictions for the 2014 season:
– Storylines to Watch in 2014 – Steve Mariucci, Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin outline the 2014 storylines to watch for:
– 2014 Sleeper Teams – Michael Irvin, Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk provide their sleeper teams for 2014:
– ‘NFL GameDay’ Hurry Up Offense – The NFL GameDay Season Preview crew answer rapid-fire questions regarding the 2014 NFL season:
– Hunting for a Championship – Past Super Bowl champions Mike Singletary, Jerry Rice, Derrick Brooks, Mike McCarthy, Tom Coughlin, Mike Tomlin, Michael Bennett, Bob Griese and Malcolm Smith discuss the challenge of repeating as Super Bowl champions:
– ‘Players Only’ – NFL Network’s former players Michael Irvin, Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk and Warren Sapp discuss the difficulty of repeating as Super Bowl champions:
NFL Network provides more than 15 hours of live programming every Sunday during the NFL season. NFL GameDay First airs at 7:00 AM ET with host Melissa Stark and analysts Sterling Sharpe, Shaun O’Hara and Michael Robinson providing the first news and analysis of the day’s games.
At 9:00 AM ET, host Rich Eisen is joined by analysts Steve Mariucci, Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin on the Emmy-nominated NFL GameDay Morning, providing four hours of analysis, reports and interviews leading up to kickoff.
NFL GameDay Live airs at 1:00 PM ET and provides 6.5 hours of in-progress highlights and analysis of all the 1:00 and 4:00 PM ET games, as well as live fantasy updates, press conferences, 1-on-1 interviews and live reports. Hosts Kevin Frazier and Dan Hellie are joined by analysts Heath Evans, LaDainian Tomlinson, Brian Billick and Daniel Jeremiah.
NFL GameDay Highlights has complete highlights and analysis of the day’s games thus far at 7:30 PM ET anchored by Chris Rose, Deion Sanders, LaDainian Tomlinson and Steve Mariucci.
NFL GameDay Final wraps up the day’s action at 11:30 PM ET with Chris Rose and analysts Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk and Michael Irvin.
ABOUT NFL NETWORK
Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, fans turn to NFL Network to receive information and insight straight from the field, team headquarters, league offices and everywhere the NFL is making news. Launched in 2003, NFL Network gives fans unprecedented year-round inside access to all NFL events, including the Super Bowl, Playoffs, regular season, preseason, Pro Bowl, Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, NFL Draft, NFL Scouting Combine, Senior Bowl, league meetings, minicamps and training camps.
Currently in more than 72 million homes, NFL Network has carriage agreements with each of the country’s largest television providers including Comcast, DirecTV, DISH Network, Cablevision, Cox, Charter, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse.
For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming can also be streamed live on the NFL Mobile from Verizon app (NFL.com/mobile), the NFL app delivered on XBOX from Microsoft, and through Watch NFL Network (NFL.com/watch), with participating cable and satellite providers. For more information, log on to NFL.com/nflnetwork. NFL.com is the exclusive internet home of NFL Network.
– NFL MEDIA –