Postseason Fantasy Football Game Allows Fans to Extend the Fantasy Football Season and Compete for a Trip to Super Bowl XLVIII in New York
DECEMBER 27, 2012: Did you rack up a lot more “L’s” than “W’s” in your fantasy football league this season? Were you “one and done” in the playoffs? Did you win a league title and want to continue your magical season? Good news all around. With NFL Playoff Challenge (NFL.com/FantasyFootball) from NFL.com, the fantasy football season is not over.
NFL Playoff Challenge extends the fantasy football experience into the postseason, providing fans a second chance at fantasy football supremacy with a trip to New York for Super Bowl XLVIII on the line.
Features of NFL Playoff Challenge on NFL.com:
- Participants pick a team of eight players (QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/K/DEF)
- Before each round of the playoffs, participants may edit their individual player selections.
- There is a benefit to selecting players on winning playoff teams:
- Participants are rewarded for picking the same player in consecutive weeks through a bonus multiplier system
- The amount of the multiplier is based on the number of consecutive weeks a player has been picked
- Example: Participant picks Tom Brady and the Patriots win in the Wild Card round. If the participant picks Brady for a second time in the Divisional round, the QB’s score will get a 2x multiplier. If Brady is then picked for a third time in the Conference Championship round, it will be a 3x multiplier. The maximum multiplier is 4x, using the same player in every round of the NFL Playoffs.
- The objective is to score the most total points throughout the playoffs. NFL.com default scoring will be used.
- Grand Prize is a trip to Super Bowl XLVIII in New York, awarded to the top scoring individual team.
NFL Playoff Challenge can be played individually or in a group to compete with family and friends, with everyone included in the overall leader board.
Already have a league set up through NFL.com? With one-click, your league manager can continue your season with NFL Playoff Challenge.
Sign up now: http://NFL.com/FantasyFootball
For more information: http://nfl.com/playoffchallenge
To view the television spot promoting NFL Playoff Challenge: on.nfl.com/nflpc2012
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to Enter or Win in the NFL Playoff Challenge Fantasy Game. Registration ends at kickoff (approx. 6:30 p.m. ET) of Super Bowl XLVII scheduled to take place on 2/3/13. Promotion Period begins at kickoff (approx. 1:00 p.m. ET) of the first NFL 2012 playoff game scheduled to take place on 1/5/13, ends at the completion of Super Bowl XLVII (approx. 9:59:59 p.m. ET) scheduled to take place on 2/3/13 (“Promotion Period”). Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S. & DC, 18 or older as of registration date. Void where prohibited. Subject to Official Rules available at www.nfl.com/playoffchallenge during Promotion Period. Sponsor: NFL Enterprises LLC.