From Live and On Demand Video, To Fantasy Football, Mobile Apps, Podcasts, and More, NFL.com is the Destination for the 2012 Season
With kickoff of the 2012 NFL regular season hours away, NFL Digital Media has every angle covered for the casual and serious fan, and everyone in between. Here is a rundown of some of the top features NFL Digital Media is offering fans for the 2012 season.
Live and On Demand Video
- Instant Highlights: NFL.com provides key highlights in less than two minutes after the play occurs
- NFL Game Rewind: Now available as a tablet app, NFL Game Rewind delivers to fans in the United States every play of every 2012 NFL regular season game in HD and commercial-free, complete with DVR controls (after the game has aired on television). NFL.com has also introduced a telestrator function allowing fans to analyze plays by drawing over a still frame with a touch of a finger and then sharing their commentary with friends. Additionally, NFL Game Rewind provides coaches’ film, condensed games, and archived games from the 2009 season to present day. Click here for a demo from Coach Brian Billick. For more information on NFL Game Rewind, visit NFL.com/GameRewind.
- NFL Fantasy Live: A joint video production between NFL Network and NFL.com, NFL Fantasy Live is THE place fantasy players go to get all the information and analysis to help win their fantasy leagues. Featuring a rotating cast of fantasy experts and analysts including Michael Fabiano, Adam Rank, Dave Dameshek, Jason Smith, Jamie Maggio, Akbar Gbaja-Biamala, Elliot Harrison, and Matt “Money” Smith, NFL Fantasy Live can be viewed on NFL.com from 10:00-11:00 AM ET (Mon-Fri) and 8:30-11:00 AM ET (Sun), as well as daily replays on NFL Network at 2:00 PM and Midnight ET. Visit nfl.com/fantasy/live for all the details.
- NFL Game Pass: Perfect for international fans, NFL Game Pass offers fans outside of the United States every regular season game live or on-demand online in HD. NFL Game Pass offers full DVR controls to let fans pause, rewind, and replay live and archived game action. For more information on NFL Game Pass, visit NFL.com/GamePass.
- The NFL Season: A Biography Presented by SAP: Beginning in Week 2, the two-time Emmy nominated The NFL Season returns to NFL.com. A documentary style weekly show, The NFL Season highlights the biggest games and profiles players, both on and off the field, such as Tony Romo, Peyton Manning, Darrelle Revis, and Ray Rice. Fans can also visit nfl.com/theseason, to view behind-the-scenes commentary and photos from the production.
- Footballology: A weekly feature shown during the month of September, Footballology takes a different look at the sport, comparing football phenomenons, players and teams to non-football subject matter ranging from other sports to pop culture.
NFL.com Fantasy Football Presented by Verizon
- Google+ Hangout Integration: In a first for any fantasy league, NFL.com Fantasy Football has been integrated with Google+ Hangouts, allowing for multi-party video chats for league drafts or some friendly smack talk on Sunday afternoons. Look for Google+ Hangouts buttons across NFL.com Fantasy Football leagues and click to launch the unique Google+ Hangouts page.
- Roster Options: Need some insurance for those tough fantasy football decisions? NFL.com’s Roster Options gives players just that with the ability to activate backups on their roster in the event they outperform their starter(s). Each league must decide rules and regulations for using Roster Options. NFL.com is the only fantasy site to offer this unique scoring option.
- Perfect Challenge Fantasy Game Engineered by Castrol® Edge: Think you can pick the “perfect” fantasy lineup in any week of the 2012 NFL regular season? NFL.com gives you the chance to win $1 million if you can. Also offering weekly prizes, The Perfect Challenge Fantasy Game Engineered by Castrol® Edge features an eight-player roster each week – with one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one tight end, one kicker, and one defense/special teams unit. To qualify for the $1 million prize, fantasy team owners must pick that week’s highest-scoring player at each position. Visit nfl.com/fantasyfootball for complete details and to sign up to play. (see legal disclaimer below)
NFL Mobile (nfl.com/mobile)
- NFL Mobile From Verizon: Get NFL Mobile From Verizon for access to live, streaming video of NFL Network, including Thursday Night Football games, NBC’s Sunday Night Football games, ESPN’s Monday Night Football games as well as the NFL RedZone channel showing every touchdown from every game on Sunday afternoons. Follow your favorite player or team and get custom alerts and content, exclusively for Verizon customers on iOS and Android.
- NFL ‘12: Never miss a moment of NFL action with NFL ’12. Featuring live scores and stats, news and articles, NFL fantasy integration, favorite team features, tweets, photos and video highlights*, NFL ’12 also provides access to Audio Pass* so you can listen to live games all season long on your iOS and Android devices. (*for tablet with purchase)
- NFL Fantasy: With the official NFL.com Fantasy Football app you can manage your NFL.com Fantasy Football teams on the go. Features include live scoring, full roster management capabilities, including setting your lineup, add/drop and trades across multiple NFL.com Fantasy teams. Get up-to-the-minute player news, fantasy points projections and the latest user trends. Custom fantasy team logos, push notifications for game day scoring alerts and more. For iOS and Android devices.
- The Rich Eisen Podcast: Featuring the best guests from the NFL sidelines and the entertainment world, The Rich Eisen Podcast discusses the hot topics in football and pop culture every week. The Rich Eisen Podcast is available on RichEisen.NFL.com, NFL.com/podcast and is also available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio.
- The Dave Dameshek Football Program: Alongside with sidekick and NFL.com writer Adam Rank, Dave Dameshek provides a unique take on sports, entertainment and pop culture. Including NFL personalities and other big names in the world of sports, The Dave Dameshek Football Program is posted every Tuesday on NFL.com/podcast, DaveDameshek.NFL.com and is also available on iTunes and Stitcher Radio.
- Double Coverage: Joined by NFL players and personalities, Steve Wyche and Mark Kriegel from NFL AM debate the hottest topics from around the league. Double Coverage is available every Monday onNFL.com/podcast.
- The Coaches Show: Former NFL head coaches Brian Billick and Dennis Green analyze the biggest stories in the NFL from a coach’s perspective. The Coaches Show podcast will be available every Monday onNFL.com/podcast.
Fans can earn virtual coins over the course of the 2012 season by taking specific actions or completing certain tasks on NFL.com. The virtual coins earned can be redeemed in the NFL.com Rewards store for prizes, including:
- The opportunity to participate in a sweepstakes to attend NFL events including the Pro Bowl, Super Bowl, NFL Draft and International Series games.
- Discounts on NFLShop.com.
- NFL merchandise.
In addition to coins, fans are eligible to earn a variety of badges and see how they stack up against other fans on leader boards. Fans may visit www.nfl.com/rewards for more information.
– NFL MEDIA –
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win in the Perfect Challenge Fantasy Game Engineered by Castrol® Edge. Purchasing Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning. This Game May Not Be Used To Conduct, Advertise Or Promote Any Form Of Gambling. Registrationends at kickoff (approx. 4:15 pm ET) of last 2012 NFL regular season game on 12/30/12. Open to legal residents of 50 U.S. & DC, 18+ years as of registration date. Void where prohibited. For complete details, click here for Official Rules.